Skincare products are so affordable now! This is a good thing and a bad thing. Who do you trust? Are the expensive ones “worth it?” Are skincare products by themselves enough to truly delay or prevent the skin damage that we call skin aging?
It’s New Year’s Eve, so let’s do a deeper dive!
3 Skin Truths:
- Our skin ages “internally” and “externally.” The external aging from sun damage, city pollution, wind, and cold, is largely preventable. Internally aging can be slowed with good health habits.
- Skincare products are a great first step, and an essential step for preventing further external and “environmental” damage. And they can’t do everything.
- The sooner you start, the longer (think decades) you care for your skin, and the more consistent you are……the healthier your skin….and the better it will look.
3 Great New Year’s Resolutions
- I’ll be consistent every day with my new, good skin health habits. Even if I’m tired!
- At a minimum, morning and night, use my skincare products. I’ll cleanse, use my antioxidant in the morning with my hi-zinc sunscreen over that. And at night, I’ll cleanse, use my moisturizer, and put my retinoid (retinol, tretinoin, etc.) over that. I don’t tolerate retinoids well, I’ll work to find one I can use at least 3 times a week.
- I’ll look into at least one procedure, at a clinic I trust, to reverse some of the signs of damage that I already have.
Remember that our bodies and our spirits are not separate in this lifetime. We were gifted these bodies by the universe, and to take care of them, and all of us, is a good thing. 🙂
Happy New Year Everyone!
The post The Best New Year’s Skin Resolutions appeared first on Skintour.